Working people today face many challenges to their wellbeing, and their ability to be engaged and effective. Busy schedules, financial matters, concerning events occurring in the world around them, and demands on their time, energy and resources can have negative effects on an individual’s emotional, physical and practical wellbeing.
Stress, anxiety, depression, physical conditions and other issues not only affect a person’s ability to perform their work at a high level, but can impact their life away from work as well. Health and wellbeing issues are common in today’s global society.
We read the statistics…
- The WHO says that “One in four people in the world will be affected by mental or neurological disorders at some point in their lives…” and that “Around 450 million people currently suffer from such conditions.”
- They also tell us that “Depression is the leading cause of disability worldwide.”
- Worldwide, “39% of adults aged 18 years and over were overweight in 2016, and 13% were obese.”
- Noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) accounted for 70% of the 56.4 million global deaths in 2015.
With all of the challenges facing workers today, it can be very difficult for working people to be at their most engaged and productive. This, obviously, can have negative effects on employers in terms of employee relations and retention, productivity and ultimately their bottom line. Workplace Options can help employers to get the best from their workforces.
What makes us special, and how does it help us to better serve employers?
Innovation and Technology
Workplace Options is dedicated to developing new technologies and innovating new programmes and modalities to serve individuals, to help make their organisations more effective. We constantly pursue new ways to increase both the ease of utilising services, and the positive effects that individuals and their employers will experience as a result. Some examples include:
- Aware – our original mindfulness programme to improve wellbeing, focus and engagement through individualized coaching
- Virtual Group Counselling – Telephonic based group counselling led by clinicians
- Be Well at Work- a coach-led model for employee wellbeing
- iConnectYou – our versatile mobile app allowing instant employee wellbeing support by phone, video, SMS or IM
Additionally from an organisation-level perspective, we offer:
- Global Wellbeing Questionnaire – a unique assessment for holistic wellbeing to provide a snapshot of an employee population’s health
- Labor Solutions – SMS and app-based communication solutions that enable anonymous exchanges between employers and employees for questions and grievances or proactive personalized life skills coaching
Global Presence & Investments
As the world’s largest independent provider of integrated employee support solutions, we have capabilities to help deliver services to individuals whenever they need them, virtually anywhere in the world.
Our service centres provide redundant coverage in the case of a natural disaster or other disruptive events so the organisations and individuals we serve get continued support.
With local language answer in more than 70 countries, and promotional materials available in any language, we provide a truly global solution for employee wellbeing.
Our member website is available in 27 language variants, and we work with 34 local service delivery partners and a global network of more than 83,000 affiliate providers around the world to help provide seamless solutions for individuals seeking service.
Our team is well credentialed, highly skilled and focused on serving individuals to help them perform better in their work, and help their organisations to prosper. We have a unique staff-proficiency programme where our team continues to develop knowledge, leadership and overall excellence to provide outstanding service.
We train our team in “The Power of a Good Conversation.” This is a quality initiative that highlights our commitment to prioritising individuals needs and wellbeing above all else.
Respondents to our satisfaction survey report that more than 98% felt we cared about them and their request, and that we helped them.
We are committed to customer focus, quality management, information and data security and delivering consistent and exceptional service.
Our global services team is dedicated to understanding cultural nuances that are relevant to our client populations around the world.
Wherever an individual needs our help we work to ensure that empathic support is provided, with country-specific information and an approach that is mindful of culture.
Workplace Options values diversity and encourages it within our team to help us better understand the diverse populations we serve, and provide unmatched service.